Traxxas Velineon® VXL-3s ESC
The Velineon® VXL-3s forward/reverse electronic speed control simplifies brushless technology with easy, built-in profiles. It sets up, operates, and programs just like the Traxxas XL-5™ family of ESCs so there's no tricky new procedures to learn. Traxxas' exclusive patented Training Mode™ is also included to limit full throttle to 50% for young or inexperienced drivers. For the most advanced users, the VXL-3s is equipped with two-stage low voltage detection to allow LiPo battery use, including powerful 11.1-volt 3S packs! The VXL-3s is manufactured by Traxxas to ensure the highest level of quality and support.
Traxxas High-Current Connector
The VXL-3s ESC is equipped with the patented Traxxas high-current connectors for restriction-free current flow.
Velineon VXL-3s Waterproof Features:
- Patented Traxxas High-Current Connector eliminates a common bottleneck and maintains pure, unrestricted power flow from the battery to the brushless power system.
- Built-in two-stage low voltage detection for Lithium Polymer (LiPo) battery use provides a clear signal to the driver that the battery pack is nearing its minimum voltage threshold.
- Widest range of battery options ranging from 4-cell NiMH or NiCad packs all the way up to 3S LiPo battery packs (11.1 volt)
- The patented Training Mode™ is an exclusive Traxxas feature that reduces the overall power output of the VXL-3s by 50%, making it easier for new or younger drivers to control their model. When they're ready, simply change profiles to unleash full-throttle action.
- The EZ-Set® push-button setup operates and programs just like other Traxxas speed controls such as the XL-5. This eliminates the need to learn a new set of procedures.
The VXL-3s is programmable with three drive profiles:
- Sport Mode – Fwd / Brake / Rev
- Race Mode – Fwd / Brake
- Training Mode**™ – 50% Fwd / Brake / 50% Rev
- Multi-color LED provides clear feedback
- Two-stage thermal shutdown protection protects the VXL-3s from overheating.
- Locked Rotor Protection™ prevents system damage by cutting power if the vehicle is stuck or the motor is bound.
- Battery Over-Voltage Protection™ causes the ESC to go into failsafe mode if the maximum input voltage is exceeded.
- Water resistent case design uses rubber seals and o-rings to protect against damage caused by water and moisture.
- Micro-fin aluminum heatsink dissipates heat.
- The built-in auxiliary fan output powers a snap-on accessory fan for increased cooling capacity during extreme use. A handy clasp on the speed control case keeps the wire neatly in place until you are ready to use it.
- MOSFET design provides high-current output (320 amp peak) with incredibly low resistance (.00075 Ohm).
- Gold plated 3.5 mm bullet connectors on 12-gauge Maxx® Cable flow full power to the motor without performance strangling resistance.
VXL-3s WATERPROOF ESC SPECIFICATIONS
- Input Voltage: NiCad/NiMH 4-9 Cells (4.8 to 10.8 Volts DC);
- LiPo 2-3 Cells (7.4 to 11.1 Volts DC)
- Case Size: W39 x D55 x H33 mm
- Weight: 90 gr
- Motor Limit (Brushless): No motor limit
- On Resistance Forward: 0.00075 Ohms
- On Resistance Reverse: 0.00075 Ohms
- Peak Current - Forward: 320A
- Peak Current - Reverse: 320A
- Braking Current: 320A
- Continuous Current: 200A
- BEC Voltage: 6.0 V
- BEC Current: 2.5A (with 6-cell NiMH)
- Power Wire: 12-Gauge Maxx® Cable
- Input Harness Wire: 26 Gauge / 100 mm
- Transistor Type: MOSFET
- Low Voltage Detection: 2-Stage indicators, switchable (on or off)
- Thermal Protection: 2-Stage thermal shutdown
- Single-Button Setup: Yes, Traxxas EZ-Set®
- Battery Input Connector: Traxxas High-Current Connector
- Motor Types: Brushless
- Ports: RX Input, auxiliary fan
- Sport Mode: 100% FWD, 100% BRAKES, 100% REV
- Race Mode: 100% FWD, 100% BRAKES, NO REV
- Training Mode:** 50% FWD, 100% BRAKES, 50% REV
*Properly geared **Patented